Compression of the common digital nerve located between the metatarsal heads.
- Tenderness is found between the metatarsal heads, not on the heads.
- Symptoms include burning, tingling or numbness in the region of the toes.
- The third and fourth toes are involved although a neuroma may also occur between the second and third toe.
- Metatarsal pad placed proximal (behind) to the involved interspace
- Arch correction (orthotic)
- Calf stretching (daily)
- Shoes with wide toe boxes should be worn
- Avoid high heels