Shin Splints are a painful inflammation of the origin of the anterior tibialis muscle
- It is caused by relative weakness or overuse of the anterior tibialis and tightness of the calf muscles
- Since the anterior tibialis helps support the medial longitudinal arch, and since tibial stress syndromes are significantly reduced by wearing insoles, Insoles that support the arch will help this condition.
- Medial longitudinal arch support
- Anterior tibialis strengthening (front shin)
- Gastrocnemius soleus stretching (calf muscle)
- Proper footwear
- Since this condition occurs mainly in athletes and active patients rest from activity is crucial. The treatment plan is to be followed.